Chicken Fingers and Green Beans with Tahini Sauce
Serves 4 (serving size: 2 chicken tenders, about 1/2 cup beans, and 2 tbsp. sauce)
- 8 chicken breast tenders (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, grated
- (about 1/4 cup) Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces trimmed fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unsalted ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tahini
How to Make It
Preheat broiler to high with oven rack 6 inches from heat.
Sprinkle chicken with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in a second shallow dish. Combine panko, rind, and Parmesan in a third shallow dish. Gently dredge chicken tenders in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg; dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere. Coat chicken with cooking spray.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
Arrange beans on a jelly-roll pan; lightly coat beans with cooking spray. Broil 5 to 6 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning beans halfway through cooking. Toss with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Meanwhile, combine remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, mayonnaise, ketchup, and tahini. Serve sauce with chicken and green beans.